Further Development: 16-19 Year Old
A 26 week programme (that can be extended depending on need) to get a student up to and ready for work.
This could be through Apprenticeship route or direct employment or onto additional training.
Many of these students have had a rocky time in school and can not cope with a large college environment.
We provide a smaller nurturing setting for them to develop, very similar to the model of the 14 - 16 provision.
• They are with us for 20.5 hours per week (3 days).
• Thursday and Friday (Based at Lingfield and Jellystone depending on vocation )
• Another day during the week depending on Placement in their chosen vocational area.
• Stepping stone English and Math qualification along with accredited vocational training, employability and personal development qualifications.
• Referrals are make directly to us as all places are funded.
• Bursary offered depending on eligibility.
Vocational areas to choose from could be any of the following;
Hair and Beauty
Health and Social Care
Educational Support (TA'S)
Dog grooming and therapy
to name just a few
'We are proud to announce that Middlesbrough Community Learning Traineeship programme for the academic year 16/17 has an 88.5% achievement which is an excellent result. This was above the national achievement rate of 88.3% '
For futher information contact:
01642 598446 & 01642 576520
Jan Earl - Alternative Provision Coordinator